Do you ever have a moment in your life where you think to yourself, "I'm so blessed"? Well, here it goes...I AM SOOOO BLESSED! Life is fantastic!
To start it off I put my car up for sale (scary I know) I did that Friday afternoon, got a call about an hour later, they said "If we meet you in Bountiful and like it do you have a way back?" and I thought to myself "oh you guys, you haven't even seen it yet, but I can figure something out". Saturday they came and saw it, and I guess they liked what they saw because they bought it!! So there in the Kmart parking lot I handed over the keys to Juniper my trusty car and it was done.
Holy crap I sold my car in one day! Who does that? It must have been a blessing, I sold it and drove with my Dad to the Mazda dealership, which was conveniently around the corner where the car I really wanted was. And I kinda bought a car! It hasn't even sunk in yet, but it is sooo stinkin' cute! I love it. I got a Mazda 2, never heard of it? That's because it's brand spankin new. It's crazy how life goes sometimes, I couldn't sleep the night before thinking to myself "what if I sell my car tomorrow?", it felt like a stretch to say the least. But here it is in all it's glory, try not to be jealous. haha
I mean this car has only been in Utah for like a week, and it's kinda in my driveway. Maybe I should go check to make sure it's still there. haha
If any reading this are under the impression that this is some silly plug about how I got a car and that's why I'm blessed you are mistaken, how quickly it happened seems like a pretty big blessing to me but that's not the only thing I have to be thankful for. When I was thinking about my life earlier today while sitting in church, I thought to myself I should write about this and should call it Count Your Blessing...what song did we sing in sacrament after that? Count Your Blessings. I feel like somebody's trying to tell me that I should be thankful for all the stuff I have maybe.
So here we go a small list of some of the things I know about that I have to be grateful for, obviously it's not a complete list because really what don't I have to be grateful for.
1. The gospel: I don't know where I would be without it, but I know wherever that would be wouldn't be as great without the knowledge I have of it.
2. The Holy Ghost and Personal Revelation: I don't know how people can not believe in personal revelation, he didn't leave the people of bible times why would he leave us now? If he's the same yesterday, today and forever. Anyways that has been on my mind a lot lately...
3. Family: They do so much for me that sometimes I forget how grateful I need to be for them. So here's to remembering all they do.
4. Friends: Holy cow I have some good ones! I don't know what I would do without them, I'm working on trying to be the best friend ever and making more friends. I'm kind of a fan of the good ones. Thanks guys.
5. Opportunities: This one may sound a little strange, but I'm grateful for opportunities to grow even if at the time they seem lame.
6. A job: I have a job! Hooray! With all the people that are looking for jobs out there, I'm glad I have one and for the one I do have that is so awesome with all the people I work with.
7. Church callings: I don't know about you guys but I've never really had a calling I didn't like, I mean I've had some that are a little more demanding than others but generally they're really fun.
8. Home: I'm grateful I have a place to go home to when things may get crazy.
9. Prayer: I love prayer! It's so great, you get to talk to God how cool is that? Now the trick is knowing what to pray for.
10. Education: Ok so sometimes I hated school, but I'm grateful that I had the opportunity (there's the opportunity again) to go and learn cool stuff.
11. Relief Society: I will admit I'm not the biggest fan ever of Relief Society I think some of the stuff we do is a little silly, but my calling is helping me work on that. :) I love the lessons we have in Relief Society! They are soo awesome! Lexie is one of my faves, don't tell anyone. haha
12. Fun times: This one may sound a little lame, but I'm grateful for the times I can just have fun and not worry about stuff.
13. Scriptures: I don't know how I didn't get to this one earlier. I'm sooo grateful for the scriptures! You can open them up and just learn more about Christ.
14. The Atonement: I'm so far from perfect, but I'm grateful for the fact that I don't have to be because of what Heavenly Father did for me.
15. Seeing God: Another potentially weird one, there's a scripture that says "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God". I'm glad that if I live the way I'm supposed to I can in this life see God. Who wouldn't want to?
16. Temples: I love sitting in the temple and just soaking it all in. It's the closest you can get to God it's like everything else slips away. And you get to be with your family FOREVER! I don't know why you wouldn't want to believe in that.
17. Talents: I'm grateful for the talents I may have, I'm not going to list them don't worry I'm not crazy. haha
18. The Prophet: I love that man! The opportunity to hear him and the apostles speak about stuff the Lord wants us to know is incredible.
19. Music: I can't imagine life without music, it'd be a lot more boring world to live in.
20. Life: I'm not saying life isn't hard, but I think we knew before we signed up for this that it wasn't going to be easy. It's a struggle sometimes, lucky for us it's going to be totally worth it in the end.
There you go a small list of some of the things I'm grateful for, enjoy. :) I have a quote from President Benson I think it was that says: I remember hearing in a talk once that the more we express are gratitude, more will come to our remembrance of what we have to be grateful for.