Sunday, March 20, 2011

Can I tell you a story? Ok, I'm going to anyway.

I am still looking for a job...it's the worst. But let me tell you a story about how I am GRATEFUL for the current state that my life is in.

Lately I've been kind of a downer it doesn't seem like anything is going right, and I'd like if everything was going right...but I'd settle for just one thing going right. So that's the way I've been approaching prayer lately. I pray that just one thing can go right and that I can see all that I have to be grateful for.

So this last week I've been blasting out emails everyday almost in an effort to find a job, mostly I get replies back from the fake ones on Craigslist. Which is the worst. So I finally got one that I felt like had potential. It was for a company called Tru Talent Management, not my ideal choice of where I want to work but it would be good for now. The job I was going for was an office job like data entry and stuff. I went down for the first interview, nailed it and got a second interview.

In my defense I had done research on the company and I knew that a lot of people didn't like them, but from what I had gathered it was because the people that heard about them didn't understand what they do.

So I went down for the second interview and was really excited, basically I had a job either way data entry or "something else". I didn't know Quickbook, I didn't get the data entry job. So I go in this other room with Steve to do the "other job" they had open.

SCOUTING is the worst!!! They pair you up with someone, I was with this older lady that was pretty creepy and way weird. Let's just say the whole drive she had the visor mirror down and was looking at herself as I was driving. The goal was to get 30 people to give you their name and number so you could call them about acting or modeling.

I was out for FIVE hours, I talked to a lot of people and got....ZERO names!!! If you don't get 30 then you don't make any money. So finally the lady I went with asked if I wanted to go home...YES PLEASE! I still have blisters all over my feet because I was not wearing good shoes. I will never be a scout again.

So here's where the grateful part comes in, that day I felt super crappy to top it off I'm kind of in need of a job because I'm kind of running out of money...so I got home and was back to praying I need a job, please help me to find the right one.

The next day I heard from a company I had emailed about a Roadshow they are doing Costco, I called him back and immediately got the job. Talk about a miracle, because the whole time I was dealing with this Tru Talent stuff I kept thinking that I needed to call Mikarose and get with them about a job.

So here I am with a temporary job that will give me enough money to last for a while. THANKFUL is what I am. You never really understand how nice it is to be able to have a job. And that's what not having a job has taught me I will be forever grateful when I find a job now, and I will be always thankful for that.

I had to work today which was kind of lame because I didn't get to go to church, but on the way they did the Sunday thought of the day was one of my favorite quotes and totally how I feel today and hopefully always --
Do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love. -Thomas S. Monson
yes I know I just said this one in my last post...

I hope that Tuesday is not a reflection of what my life is going to be like...but that I can actually follow what I need to do, so I can show my gratitude for everything I have been given.

P.S. Mustache Party is tuesday, it's going to rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment