Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Note to self. Life is good.

I love conference!!! So here are some highlights about why I liked it so much...enjoy, or not, whatever. :)

So first of all I loved Monson's talk in priesthood...I know I'm not a boy, but my friend was telling me about it and I had to read it of course. The Three R's of choice: I like how he talked about from the very beginning Satan was trying to take away our agency, because he didn't believe in us. Well take that Satan you're not going to win. He also quoted the movie Alice in Wonderland the Cheshire cat said after Alice said she didn't know where she wanted to go: It doesn't matter much which path you choose then. We do know where we want to go, and I also really liked how he said we all have the tools to make right choices. I think a lot of times there are really hard choices, sometimes they won't be the choices we would make for ourselves I think that's what makes this life hard. If it were up to me I'd be like ok, I choose him or this or that and it's not going to end up the way that it could have. So I'm grateful for the opportunity to do things the Lord's way so that I can enjoy all the blessings he has ready for me.

Another one of my favorite talks was by Eyring, Trust in the Lord Then Go and Do. My absolute favorite quote from this one was: "then we will be overwhelmed with gratitude when we realize that he has come to trust us." We always hear about trusting the Lord, but not much about him trusting us. I'm super excited about this one and the opportunity that we can gain Heavenly Father's trust.

Which leads me to my next thought...Bednar came to Weber it was so awesome. So here's some nuggets from that. He talked about his life and how he was never planning on being an apostle or having all the opportunities he was been able to have, but through God's love he was able to have them. I think some of his words were I was just trying to be a good boy. That's soo awesome to think about, with Eyring's the Lord trusting us stuff, that if we're living in a way that is in line with what God would want us to do, we're going to have the trust of the Lord and we're going to be guided with what to do, and where we need to be we'll be there.

The next thing he talked about was getting rid of our list, you all know the one we made in Mia Maids and priesthood, all the things we want in a husband or wife. Which may at first sound awful, but I love this idea. We're all caught up in what we want out of someone else, nobody ever makes a list of all the things they want to be. We read the scripture in D&C 88:40 about intelligence cleaving to intelligence, we need to become the kind of person we want to marry.

So here's the new list: love's God, reads the scriptures, follows the prophet, goes to church, goes to the temple, respects people, prays daily, is ready to follow answers to prayer...that's it for now I'm sure there are more.

He also talked about the kind of revelation there is: the light switch, instant revelation; sunrise, you know the exact moment that it came; cloudy day, you don't know when but the light is there. I love this, most of the time I feel like mine is the cloudy day one. I don't know when I figured out what I need to do, but I can see the light and know.

This is a really gospel based post I guess, but I'm ok with that. :)

As far as life goes, it's pretty good...I'm working on some stuff, as seen in the list. I'm trying to live in a way that I'll know what ever happens, if I'm living in a way I need to, it's going to work. I just wish it would work sooner rather than later. haha I'm learning all sorts of things about patience. I'm also learning about telling people what I'm thinking, and not holding back, not sure if that's a good thing but it makes life a whole lot easier so far.

I really need to take more pictures...I'll work on that. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment